Going Gaga: “I Feel Persecuted”





LADY GAGA admits that the trappings of fame have left her feeling "persecuted".
"I certainly feel that at this time it's almost as if people are surprised they haven't already destroyed me," she said. "It gives them a sense of pleasure when they believe that they've destroyed me or taken me down. It's almost entertainment for people to poke fun at Lady Gaga, but at the very same time they have no idea the album I've made... So it doesn't bother me, it's just an interesting observation of where we are as a society."
Although many may feel as if they're faced with pictures of the star on a daily basis, Gaga says that she has always been keen to remain low profile. Determined that her adoring fans would never see her when she wasn't in superstar mode, she hid in her house to preserve her image but has recently started to "make more of an effort to go out more".
"I mean, can you imagine what it's like not to feel real wind? Honestly, I hadn't felt real wind for years," she told The Guardian. "I would be indoors all day and then I'd get in a car in a garage and then drive to another garage and get out and rehearse and then do it again, from country to country, and never walk outside. I remember some of the longest walks I had were from the car to the aeroplane on the tarmac."